Every April, when the azaleas are in full bloom, the citizens of Norfolk celebrate the NATO Armed Forces with an unforgettable multi-day festival known as the Virginia International Tattoo. Over 900 performers from 8 nations come together for a military pageant honoring the service, patriotism, commitment, & valor of the men and women worldwide who bravely defend their nations. Enjoy the famous Tattoo festival, plus indulge your senses at Norfolk Botannical Gardens' International Azalea Festival, explore Norfolk's MacArthur Memorial & breathtaking waterfront, and tour historic Richmond
- Transportation via deluxe motor coach with Seniortours escort on board to host compli mentary soft-drinks, cocktails, snacks, fun, games and “good times”!
- Comfortable accommodations in Norfolk for 3 great nights.
- 6 great meals (breakfasts & dinners), each guaranteed to please!
- Reserved premium seats to experience the pageantry of the Virginia International Tattoo! Over 900 performers from 8 nations—You have to see it to understand why audiences are so passionate about it! Once you’ve experienced the pulse-pounding beat of the drums...the call of the pipes, the swirl of the dancers, the roar of the crowd: You'll see why the American Bus Association has put the Virginia International Tattoo on the must-see list of the most exciting events in the world! This year the Tattoo will boast new performers from across the globe, new themes of honor and patriotism, state of the art technical effects which will leave you breathless, and an amazingly inspirational finale!
- View the Official 2013 Tattoo Parade! Feel the excitement at “Hulabaloo”!
- Admission to Nauticus!, Norfolk’s entertaining waterfront museum.
- Experience the color and beauty of the Norfolk International Azalea Festival.
- Convenient local departure points.
- All admissions, taxes, and tips to hotel and restaurant staff.
- Free Any Reason Cancel Protection—Cancel prior to 30 days before departure for any reason for 100% refund*.
(*Excluding your $70 admission to the Tattoo, which is nonrefundable after deposit is received).
WHAT THE HECK IS A TATTOO? Every April, when the azaleas are in full bloom, the citizens of Norfolk honor the NATO Armed Forces with a celebration known as the Virginia International Tattoo. The Tattoo Experience is Unforgettable! You have to see it to understand why audiences are so passionate about the Virginia International Tattoo! Once you’ve experienced the pulse-pounding beat of the drums…the heart-swelling spectacle of precision drill teams and marching bands…the call of the pipes, the swirl of the dancers, the roar of the crowd—you’ll understand why the American Bus Association has put the Tattoo on their must-see list of the most exciting events in the world. No wonder groups from across the United States and around the world return to the International Tattoo again and again!
Centuries-Old Scottish Tradition with a 21st Century American Soul! The tradition of the military “tattoo” dates back to the 17th century. Around the world, Tattoos reach crowds by the tens of thousands, all drawn to the pageantry, the patriotism, and the sheer spectacle. With 900 international performers, following in the tradition of Edinburgh and Nova Scotia Tattoos, the Virginia International Tattoo is THE Tattoo in the United States!
B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner, S=Show
Day 1: We’re off! Your friendly Seniortours escort is on board the deluxe motorcoach to host fun, games, entertainment, snacks and “open bar” beverages! We’ll take mid-morning, lunch, and mid-afternoon comfort stops, as we ride southward. We’re bound for Virginia’s historical and floral bounty, and this evening finds us in our comfortable hotel. We’ll enjoy dinner in a nearby favorite. Afterward, why not relax in the hotel’s lounge? D
Day 2: After breakfast we visit downtown Norfolk. This beautiful city becomes truly breathtaking at this time of year when the azaleas are in full bloom. We visit Norfolk Botanical Gardens, abloom with acres of azaleas, camellias, roses, dogwood, tulips & more. After the gardens we’ll head downtown to visit the McArthur Memorial, followed by a delicious dinner in one of Norfolk’s finest restaurants. Prior to the Tattoo show, we’ll enjoy the outdoor spectacle at the “Hullabaloo”! Afterward, our premium reserved seats await inside the Norfolk Scope Arena where we delight to the International Tattoo, featuring over 900 performers from 8 nations—precision marching bands, massed pipes and drums, dancers, singers & gymnasts. It’s sure to be one of your most memorable evenings ever! B, D
Day 3: Breakfast is served! Today we’ll tour Norfolk’s Naval Air Base with a young enlisted man. Afterward, we’ll thrill to the music and marching at the Official 2013 Tattoo Parade. What a great country! Later this afternoon, we’ll celebrate Norfolk’s maritime history with a visit to Nauticus!, the entertaining museum on the waterfront where we can also visit the Battleship Wisconsin. Anybody hungry? An unforgettably delicious dinner is served at the legendary Capt’n George’s Seafood this evening— prime rib and just about any seafood treat you can imagine...plus an award-winning selection of desserts! B, D
Day 4: Good morning! After breakfast (included), we’ll board our coach for the ride homeward, with our estimated return home by late-afternoon, early-evening. B